Monday, April 18, 2011

Back from Arizona... (warning, VERY pic heavy)

...and I've got to say I missed the cooler, wetter, Pacific NW weather.  My poor skin, hair, sinuses, and eyes could barely take any more of that super dry heat.  And of course while we were there it just had to be in the middle of a heat wave.  Hit the 90's over the weekend.  Bleh.  I'm not much of a heat person as too much heat can make me physically ill.  I'll take the cold any day.  After all, it's easier to warm up/put more clothes on or pile on the blankets, than it is to cool down.  And there are only so many layers of clothing you can take off before you get yourself arrested if you're in public.  Anyway, we all had a fantastic time (a large group of us got to go for a work convention) and would certainly do it again if we get the chance. 

Crappy shot from the plane.  My first time flying!  It was certainly a different experience.

Looking down the trail past one of the buildings at the resort we were staying at.

View from the deck at the main building. It was AMAZING!

How could anyone NOT relax at a place like this?  (not including the scorching heat, lol)

Swim up bar included.  :)  I didn't have a chance (or swimsuit since I could find none that fit right or that I liked) to take advantage of it.

There were like 5 pools at this place, including a water slide for one of them.


These little birds were bold.  They'd come right up and land on the table if you were eating, trying to snag something.

Barrel cactus.  This one has some dried up fruit on top.  When the fruit is fresh it's really really good.  Kinda tastes like a cross between a green bell pepper and some berry that I still can't quite place...


The waterfall by the adults only pool.

More deck view of the mountains.  Couldn't get enough of it.

Finally saw a lizard while we were here!  Isn't it cute?  Fast little bugger too, lol.

Jeep tour of the desert!  Got half of my body mildly sunburned, even with 85+ wide spectrum SPF... I think if I get the chance to go again I'm looking for that 100+ that I saw from Neutrogena.  I'm too pale, and don't even see the weak sun in the Pacific NW enough to have any kind of tolerance to the kind of heat and sun in Arizona...  Downside of working at night, lol.


Red tailed hawk that I barely managed to get a picture of.


Quail mama coming out of her nest...

...and running away from the jeep...

...leaving her eggs for us to see.


Prairie dog!  Cute little thing.

Our guide Dusty showing us some ancient hieroglyphics on the decayed granite.  (if you kick a stone across it it sounds very very thin and hollow, kinda unsettling if you're walking on it)

You can see where people have chipped out some of them.  Why people would do something like this just boggles my mind. 

Evening view from the main building deck in the evening.  Just disregard all those people, there was an event going on. :)

Had to hit up the spa before leaving yesterday.  This little guy was quite vocal, so I had to get a shot of him.

See, he's just chillin at the spa like I was, lol.  Got a seaweed body wrap.  It was fantastic.  Now if the Red Door closest to me weren't so far (or in a place that I hated driving in) I'd have to save up and go occasionally.  It was a wonderful experience.

Ah, finally really got to take a good look at my ChG FYI in the sun.  This has been my NOTWeekend since Thursday morning.  The pinky held out quite well.  Others, not so much.  The following pic is a little graphic, so sorry if it's a little much.  Had to share the pain though.  :(

Left ring finger..  The wall bit me in the middle of the night after I had to get up and go to the bathroom... Needless to say, it still hurts, and doing anything involving my left hand really sets it off.  At least it didn't bleed TOO much...  And the kind ladies at checkout from the resort were kind enough to get me a couple bandages so that I could keep it covered for the flight and shuttle ride home.

Now, on to a couple of pre-Arizona pics...

Funky Fingers Moonwalk. Love this polish.  Thanks Erika!

My first successful tape mani.  Base purple is a great purple from Finger Paints that I can't remember the name of (and don't want to go searching for, but it's one of the newer ones) and the MAAH dupe from Funky Fingers.  Again, thanks Erika!  I so wish Funky Fingers NP was sold in Western WA... *sigh*

One more shot.  This and the one above were taken at sunrise after I got off work, so not the best lighting but the mani was fabulous!  Even got some compliments and double takes, lol.

Snow. In April.  April 6th to be exact, just hours after my last post.  W...T...H...  There was more on the ground earlier in the morning, but I only caught it at the tail end as it was all melting.

And more snow...   I guess there was snow here yesterday morning as well, when I (and the rest of my group) was still in Arizona.  Heard that while we were waiting for our shuttle to the airport.  There was some cringing going on.  I mean, who wants to go from nearly 90 degrees to 33?  Luckily it warmed up to the 50's by time we got to Seattle and caught our second shuttle north. 

I also came home to several pretties waiting for me.  I got my Rio and Isolde Nars duos (swaps) as well as my Illamasqua Raindrops!  I had just received Illa's Load from Sephora just prior to leaving last week.  Shipping from Illamasqua online (not Sephora) is super quick.  I even got a great little catalog.  I'll have to take some pics of it and my new goodies.  I just wasn't up for it tonight.  It's been enough of a battle just to stay awake, lol.  Now if only I could get my package from Germany all would be right in my world.  I'm hoping it'll arrive any day now... *shakes fist at US Customs who is surely to blame for this terribly long delay* Anyway, I hope everyone is having a fantastic time.  Take care!

4 comments:

  1. شركة مكافحة الحشرات ورش المبيدات
    شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالنعيرية
    كشف تسربات المياه بسيهات
    شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالقطيف
    كشف تسربات المياه بالقصيم
    شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالخبر
    شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالجبيل
    شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالجبيل
    شركه عزل مائى بالدمام
    شركه عزل حرارى بالدمام
    شركه عزل مائي وحرارى بالدمام
    شركه صيانة بالدمام
    شركه ترميم بالدمام
    شركه تسليك مجارى بالدمام
    شركة تسليك مجارى بالدمام
    شركه كشف تسربات المياه بالدمام
    شركه كشف تسربات المياه بالدمام
    شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالدمام
    شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالدمام
    شركة مكافحة النمل الابيض بالدمام
    كشف تسربات المياه بالدمام للحجز 0530464144
    شركة ترميم المنازل بالدمام
    شركة رش مبيدات بالدمام
    أفضل شركة نظافة بالدمام
    شركة رش مبيدات بالدمام
    نقل عفش
    شركة عزل اسطح بالدمام
    شركة عزل اسطح بالدمام
    ترميم منازل
    شركه عزل اسطح براس تنوره
    شركة عزل حرارى براس تنوره شركة تسليك مجارى براس تنورة شركة مكافحه حشرات براس تنوره

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mở bán an binh city geleximco hà đông
    Mở bán an bình city phạm văn đồng hà đông
    Giới thiệu chung cu an binh city cổ
    Giới thiệu chung cư an bình city cổ
    Giới thiệu dự án an bình city cổ nhuế
    Giới thiệu dự án an bình city cổ nhuế
    Giới thiệu dự án an bình city cổ nhuế
    Giới thiệu dự án an bình city cổ nhuế
    Giới thiệu dự án an bình city cổ nhuế
    Giới thiệu dự án an bình city cổ nhuế
    Giới thiệu dự án an bình city cổ nhuế
    Giới thiệu dự án an bình city cổ nhuế

    Chủ đầu tư chung cu brg park residence phạm văn đồng
    Chủ đầu tư gelexia riverside hoàng mai phạm văn đồng
    Chủ đầu tư gelexia riverside tam trinh phạm văn đồng
    Chủ đầu tư gelexia riverside hoàng mai phạm văn đồng

    Mở bán chung cu royal park hà đông
    Mở bán chung cu royal park hà đông
    Ra mắt dự án five star resident cầu giấy hà nội
    Ra mắt palm garden le van luong
    Mở bán chung cu gemek premium hà đông
    Mở bán dự án hồng hà 89 thinh liệt hà đông
    Mở bán chung cư nguyễn tuân hà đông
    Mở bán the green daisy lê trọng tấn hà đông
    Mở bán flc quang trung hà đông

    Mở bán chung cư the golden palm hà đông
    Mở bán dự án the golden palm lê văn lương hà đông
    Mở bán the golden palm hà đông
    Mở bán rivera park 69 vũ trọng phụng hà đông

    ReplyDelete