Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Back from my Mom's...

Hello everyone!  Just got back yesterday from an extended weekend at my Mom's.  I always need a day for recuperation after going home.  Being on a grave shift tends to really cause issues when going on trips... if you don't want to have to readjust your schedule twice in a few days that is.  So needless to say I got very little sleep, but it was well worth it.  We went up to my Uncle Johnny's place up in Quilcene and visited with him, and his son David and his family, for a while.  I still miss his old cabin up at Lake Cushman, but that's okay.  Lots of good memories there.

Heading westbound over the Hood Canal Bridge en route to my Uncle's place.

His homing pigeons.  Listening to them coo is so soothing.  I always slept very very well at his cabin at Cushman because the pigeons were right outside the guest room.

Feeding time!

View from his yard.  Overlooking the bay across the street during low tide.  Lots of low clouds as well.  Normally on a clear day you can see the foothills pretty clearly.  The Olympics are just on the other side of them.

Haulage!  This is my haul from Chinatown in Seattle.  My Mom and I stopped there on the way to her place (the day before we went to see my Uncle) so that she could get some sturgeon from one of her Chinatown contacts to smoke up for us and I could stop next door at one of my favorite places. A FANTASTIC dusty.  Didn't have too much time to search though, so next time I'm making sure I have all the numbers as well as the names.  The sweet lady working there would've helped me find what I was on the hunt for, but she wasn't familiar with all the names, just their numbers. 
(Back row standing up: Chg GR8, a mostly dried bottle of ChG OMG that I got for next to nothing, ChG Peppermint Oil that I definitely want more of, ChG Mrs Clause, ChG L8R G8R, ChG Naughty and Nice, ChG Cherish, OPI Sapphire x2, OPI Signature x2, ChG FYI.  Front row laying down: ChG Cracked Concrete, OPI Banana Bandanna, OPI Funky Dunky, ChG BFF, ChG QT, CC Wild and Willing, ChG Ink mini w/art brush, ChG Liquid Leather mini backup as I already had one)

Closeups of the haulage.

Other half of the haulage.

Closeup of my mostly dry OMG.  Gonna get this thinned back down and maybe use it for a franken.  Or maybe for swap. Haven't decided yet.

Full bottle of OMG I got at the nail salon in the Poulsbo Wal-Mart.  I saw it out of the corner of my eye and of course automatically turned in and asked if it was for sale.  Sure enough it was!  Talk about my lucky day right? This makes full bottle #2.  Swap, or keep as backup?  Tough decision.

My first pinks.  I'm not a pink girl, but these were given to me by a family friend who is on the hunt for a pink she likes and she doesn't keep what doesn't work for her.  I figure I'll either give them out as extras in swaps, or maybe franken with them.  Might keep the OPI though. Once again, haven't decided for sure.

Pic of my current NOTD that I took on the way home yesterday.  Probably going to change it now that I've gotten home where a swap package was waiting for me.  Package details further down! :D

Looking south from the ferry.  Oh how I would love to have a house like those!  The wind from the Puget Sound wouldn't be very awesome (super watery eyes when there's even the slightest breeze), but the view...

Bit of a rough ride, but nothing that most people from the Puget Sound aren't used to.

Another view from the ferry.  There was actually some blue sky!  That rapidly changed once we got on the eastern shore at Edmonds and we were getting out of the rain shadow that was generously provided by the Olympic Mountains.

These beauties were waiting for me when I got home yesterday!  OPI Merry Midnight and Shim-Merry Chic!  Fantastic swap from MUA lux2304.

I think I'm going to have to change my nails this morning.  *nods*

Anyway, FABULOUS weekend with family.  Lots of great home cooked food (smoked sturgeon, clam chowder, fresh shrimp right off the boat, halibut, venison...) that my Mom whipped up over the course of 3 days.  While we never had lots of money growing up, we most certainly never went hungry.  With my Mom's smoked goods/skills she was always able to trade for some damned good food as well as services like car repair.  And if anyone wants her to smoke up their goods (fish, deer, elk, bear, etc), she gets to keep half.  I definitely ended up eating some interesting things growing up.  And still do! On that note, time for me to get out some Cranberry Cashew summer sausage that I got from my Mom, fresh out of her smoker yesterday.  Thinking of all the goodies has really made me hungry!  Hope everyone has a wonderful day.  Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment